AMD 4

This week I listened to Slow German Podcasts. First one was “Der Sommer”, aka The Summer, and it was about doing things in the summer like it being hot, swimming in pools, and drinking in beer gardens. And because I was curious as to what a beer garden was, I clicked on the link and it brought me to another podcast called “Ab in den Biergarten!” This one was neat because beer gardens are just parks that are split in halve, one side brings food to eat at tables and can buy beer from stands, and the other side is like an outdoor restaurant where waiters or waitresses serve you food and drink. It is apparently a very sociable spot to meet and that you will see all sorts of people there at many different times of the day. They also don’t go to get drunk. After that I listened to the first nine podcasts of the absolute beginner series, which had things we have already talked about minus a few things like getting a hotel room and what furniture and rooms in a house are called. It is neat the hear German slow, even though it still feels fast. Its also difficult to understand when she said “Tischen zu sehen sind” cause all I heard was “Tischen” and a lot of “z” sounds. Feel free to take a listen.

https://slowgerman.com/2016/06/22/sommer/

https://slowgerman.com/2007/06/19/slow-german-008-ab-in-den-biergarten/

3 thoughts to “AMD 4”

1. Hey Grant, how nice to read these words! The podcast “Slow German” is my baby, so to speak. It is meant for students of level B1 and up, so maybe that’s why it is still a little too fast for you, if you’re a beginner. If you have any suggestions or topics to discuss, please let me know via podcast@slowgerman.com. Thanks a lot for listening!

2. rds! The podcast “Slow German” is my baby, so to speak. It is meant for students of level B1 and up, so maybe that’s why it is still a little too fast for you, if you’re a beginner. If you have any sugge

3. split in halve, one side brings food to eat at tables and can buy beer from stands, and the other side is like an outdoor restaurant where waiters or waitresses serve you food and drink. It is apparently a very sociable spot to meet and that you will see all sorts of people there at many different times of the day. They also don’t go to get drunk. After that I listened to the first nine podcasts of the absolute beginner serie